Monday, November 14, 2016

Liza O'Connor - An Author Interview in the HBS Author's Spotlight

Today our blog puts the Spotlight on Author Liza O'Connor. She is the author of several book series including Artificial Intelligence, The Adventures of Xavier & Vic, White Oak - Mafia Series, The Multiverses, Requires Rescue, A Long Road to Love and her new series The SkyRyders.



Author Genre: Humor, Romance, Suspense Thriller, Disaster Romance. Late Victorian Mystery Sleuths, Sci-Fi

Website: Liza O'Connor - Author
Twitter: @Liza0Connor
E-Mail: Liza2write@yahoo.com
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
Google+: Check Out Google+
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest

Amazon Author Profile



Author Description:
My dog, Jess and I hike in fabulous woods every day, rain or shine, sleet or snow. Having an adventurous nature, I learned to fly small Cessnas in NJ, hang-glide in New Zealand, kayak in Pennsylvania, ski in New York, scuba dive with great white sharks in Australia, dig up dinosaur bones in Montana, sky dive in Indiana, and raft a class four river in Tasmania. I'm an avid gardener, amateur photographer, and dabbler in watercolors and graphic arts. Yet through my entire life, my first love has and always will be writing novels. I love to create interesting characters, set them loose, and scribe what happens.


SPOTLIGHT Questions and Answers with the Author

Congratulations on your book: Scavenger's Mission from your new series The SkyRyders. What do you have on the drawing board next? Can you tell us the timeline for its release and give us a little tease?

The second book of the Sky Ryder’s series will come out Dec 30th 2016. In this one, Alisha gets promoted due to her amazing flying skills, but her renegade spirit starts bumping heads with those in charge.

Then to celebrate Valentine’s day, I have a very strange, but delightful book coming out on Feb 6th 2017, called Luck Be An Angel.

On March 6th I’ll release a Young Adult/paranormal novel called RANA: Teenage Queen. It’s about a young princess who loses both her parents in a single day and now she must grow up and take charge of her hold. Only there are many minsters in her hold who would much rather see her dead. Her transformation from child to woman is a true inspiration.

Then on April 3rd, the last of the Scavenger books, Scavenger Vanishes comes out. Alisha’s high-flying life crashes and finally her true love comes to her rescue, having realized what is most important in his life, but is he too late.

From there, my plans are a bit softer. However, I hope to have a modern-day cowboy story about an extraordinary young bull rider ready to publish, followed by a Victorian novel called Six Sisters of Shame. (They unintentionally help stop the Jack the Ripper murders for good.) Then perhaps a paranormal called Ancient Love. (I do love to invite ghosts into my books). Then I plan to release a contemporary series. It’s full of suspense, love, and betrayals. All of the above are written, although the ‘soft’ ones still need to visit my editors.

In addition, I’m working on another book for The Adventures of Xavier & Vic series and hope to have it published in 2017 as well and I have another book I really want to finish for the Rescue series. All in all, I hope to publish 9 or 10 books in 2017.

You have a good following on twitter. How important have your social media relationships been? How did you build your following in your niche? Do you see a carry over to your writing success?

I love my tweeters. I actually keep a list of who retweets my book tweets so I can send them pics of puppies and kittens in appreciation. I ignore the peeps wanting to sell me tweeters or companies who want to save me time by allowing them to take over my tweet account. Yes, it takes hours of my time to schedule tweets and retweet those who have taken the time to help me. But it’s worth it. As you probably noticed from my list of planned releases, I write in many genres, not just one, so I need readers for all my many genres. Does my effort result in sales? A marketing expert once told me the average person doesn’t buy something until their eighth exposure to it. In which case, my tweets probably do help.

Do you do any book signings, interviews, speaking and personal appearances? If so, when and where is the next place where your readers can see you? Where can they keep up with your personal contacts online?

Since all my books are only in ebook form, I don’t participate in book signings and such. There are only so many hours in the day, so I try to use them the most effective way I can. But as you can see, I am most happy to be interviewed online.

You have great covers. They carry a theme and your brand with them. How does your book cover creation process work? Do you hand over the basic theme or do you have more of a hands-on approach? Do you get your readers involved in its development?

Well, you just made my day. I created all my covers with the exception of the first three books in the ‘A Right To Love’ series. Those were designed by the talented Danielle Fine. I loved them, but knowing my fast-paced plans to publish, my budget, and my love to be creative, I decided to make my own covers. So I bought a book on how to use Photoshop and signed up for Photoshop. The first month was pure torture, but finally I got the hang of the program and I’ve been having great fun ever since. To keep cost down, I buy pics in large quantities when they go on sale.

And do I involve my readers and my fellow authors in cover choices? All the time. Over the last two years, I’ve gotten some great advice from my peep. However, sometimes there isn’t always a clear favorite. If I think the reason is because none of the covers are good enough, I’ll start over from scratch and create an entirely different set of covers. I try to make the images of all the series at one time, so they remain cohesive. I went through three different ideas for the Scavenger’s series.

Between your book writing, blogging, marketing, family and all the other things that can get in your way, how do you manage your time? Do you have a set schedule or do you sort of play it by ear?

5. My day is normally focused on editing, publishing, promoting, blogging, tweeting, walking the dog, and eating at least one meal a day (two is preferable). I can do this because for ten years, I did nothing but write novels, so I began with a backlog of over 130 books to publish from. However, certain series do not wish to end. The Adventures of Xavier and Vic, for example. So in Nov. and Dec. my main focus is writing a new Xavier & Vic novel, which requires a great deal of research.

As much as I love my life, there are some negatives. I work from 15 to 17 hours a day, seven days a week and I have the dustiest house in the world. When I grocery shop I bring home enough food to last me a month or two. I’ve no family nearby, and no distractions other than my dog Jess. Her desire to walk or hike every day is good for my health as well, so we do. And on rare occasions, I even manage to mow my small lawn. But most of the time my world revolves entirely around writing and publishing. And yes, to do this requires strict adherence to schedules and a great deal of preplanning, and advanced working to survive the crunch times.

What has been your experience in giving your books away free? Have you been involved in any other type of giveaways and how did that work out? What was your main goal in doing this? Did you run into any obstacles?

When I first went indie, I gave my first book, Worst Week Ever away for free. I gave away over twenty thousand copies of the book in less than a week. But the amount of sales that flowed to the other books disappointed me and I found I made more money selling my new releases at full price and offering only the first in the series for 99 cents. As more and more authors are trying to be noticed with ‘free’ books, it’s value diminishes. But that is also true with 99 cent books as well. The truth is getting the attention of a reader is harder than ever as more and more authors join the ranks. But I honestly don’t think giving away your book is the best path to success. Some of my fellow authors, especially those who write Sci-Fi-Rom series, strongly disagree with me, so I think each author should try both free and 99cent and see which serves them better.

Do you maintain a reader list? What are the methods you use to find your readers and create the list and the relationship? Do you use social media, forums, newsletters and/or support groups to build your list?

Because I write in so many genres, my newsletter suffers from confusion. One month I’m talking about sci-fi-rom, the next month it is Paranormal, and the next it’s Young Adult. And all the while, my Victorian readers are getting terribly frustrated. I have considered creating subset lists for each genre, but I never seem to have the time to do it. But that is hardly my biggest issue.

Honestly, my mailing list a disaster. I keep trying to fix it, but cannot seem to get it right. For example, I’m not even sure people can even sign up for my newsletter anymore. I’ve over 28,000 clicks on the sign-up sheet and only 140 signups and they all occurred a year ago. Yet fixing it seems beyond me. My current emailer has hidden all the helpful prewritten code to create a sign-up sheet. I tried to move to another emailer, but they never responded. To keep my cost down, I’m using a ‘free’ service, and unless I take their paid service they won’t help me with the reason why peeps can’t get one my email. And worse yet, the peeps on my newsletter rarely buy the books via my mail service anyway.

Still, I both acknowledge that newsletters are important and that I need to fix this, but when it comes between fixing something I can’t seem to fix and writing, or editing, I focus on the latter.

You have a great blog. You do a great job keeping readers informed, marketing your books and providing useful information to other writers. What is your primary goal? And where in the world do you find the time to create great novels, take care of the social media and maintain your blog?

Actually, I have two blogs. My main blo:: http://www.lizaoconnor.com/
and my Sci-Fi Blog: https://multiuniversesoflizao.blogspot.com/.
I had originally planned to create a Victorian blog as well, but upon realizing the amount of time it takes to nurture and grow a blog, I changed my mind and meshed the Victorian blogs into my Liza blog. However, I felt sci-fi needed its own blog since its readers seemed to be different than those who read Victorian or Contemporary.

Blogs do take a lot of time but I wanted an outlet to help fellow authors get the word out on their books, and I like to write funny/sarcastic blogs when I have a moment. I keep my bloggers for three days, and stagger the start day between the two blogs so I won’t have to put up two blogs in a single day. I also create 8 promotional tweets for my guests which usually run for three days as well. It takes about an hour of my time to create the tweets and another hour to schedule all the tweets for the next day. But I’m a big believer in the concept of pay it forward. Then when I need help, my peeps are there for me.

What is your method of getting reviews for your novels? Do you seek professional reviews, use social media or do you rely on your reading audience to supply them?

Ah reviews…. They are vitally important, but so hard to get. In total, I only have 375 reviews (over 27 books). Most of them 4 & 5s. I always hope for at least ten reviews on book one of a series because that is minimally what I will need to promote the book for 99 cents to get new readers and encourage them to read the other books in the series. Several of the promo sites won’t accept you without ten reviews. Knowing how hard this can be, if I love a book, I always make sure to review it. If I don’t like the book, I don’t give it a review. I only like to be positive. However, in truth, I don’t have a great deal of time to read. So I mostly read books I’m certain I’ll love.

You are published under several genres. Does changing hats create any problems? Any tricks you can share with us? Which genre did you enjoy writing the most? Does moving from one to the other give you some breathing room?

I didn’t expect great crossover from writers from my many genres but recently a reader sent me a Facebook message saying she was a sci-fi reader, but she just read the first book of my Victorian Sleuth series, Xavier & Vic and loved it. Soon after the other seven books (there is also a spinoff) in the X&V series were purchased. I was so thrilled. Since as an Indie, exclusive to Amazon, I have access to sales information that I never had when I wrote for publishers I know far more about my what books are selling. From the data, I noticed the book I promo will kick off my monthly sales with a bang, then the new book I release that month will become my best seller, but at full price but less total sales. However, by the end of the month most of my books will have been read or bought as well. I don’t know if these are just readers who wanted to read the book but were busy when the book was originally released, or if they waited for the entire series, or that they liked a book of mine they had just finished reading and decided to try another book in a different genre.

I do write differently when in the various genres, so to your question about hopping about. Yes, I do believe it helps keeps the stories fresh for me. Especially genres that are far apart from one another, such as: sci-fi rom and a Victorian sleuth series. Still, to keep me on the straight, I try to reread the prior book in the series so I can fall back into the groove and move forward seamlessly. And oddly, the Victorian era seems to use a different portion of my brain than my other books. It taps into the portion filled with a massive quantity of data about the late Victorian era… which is never touched when I’m working contemporary and sci-fi. But when writing sci-fi I tap into the section of my brain that holds the massive amount of data I’ve collected about science. With contemps, I mostly pull from my own life experience. My real-life has been a crazy ride, so I think its fair fodder for my contemporaries.



Author's Book List
Scavenger's Mission - The SkyRyders Book 1
Meet Alisha: A young woman who refuses to live the life her parents want. In a single month, Alisha Kane has gone from a wealthy debutante to street girl to scavenger. While testing her new flying skills in the Cully Canyon, Alisha incurs a near-death crash landing. She’s “rescued” by a colonel of the SkyRyders and her life changes forever.

Meet Logan: A SkyRyder colonel in charge of a sleepy fort with little to do other than arresting the occasional scavenger.

For the first time in his life, Logan’s attracted to a young woman, only she’s probably a scavenger and he’ll have to arrest her. But first, he offers her a shower and food while he checks on his crew. His videographer has captured her extraordinary flight through the Cully and her flying is astounding!

He forgoes arresting her and puts his career at risk by asking MAC to assess her skills and integrity as a potential SkyRyder. If he can get Alisha into the SkyRyders, it will be his greatest contribution to the Corps.

Meet MAC: The Artificial Intelligence that runs the SkyRyders Corps.

Upon seeing her arrival, MAC upgrades Alisha’s test. Her flying skills are not just excellent; they exceed what was previously thought possible. MAC classifies her as its top asset and soon she proves her value.

But…the SkyRyders remain a male-dominated Corps where Alisha’s sense of right and wrong often clashes with her superiors. How long can a rebellious young woman survive in a regimented Corps?


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Dance or Die - White Oak - Mafia Series Book 3
Tess Campbell, mafia princess, has fallen in love with a British prince during his stay in Iowa. He appears equally besotted, having given her his family ring that’s been passed down through the generations. Still, he asked that she keep his proposal and ring a secret for the time being.

Two weeks into their budding romance, Tess’s father, a psycho mafia don, kidnaps and nearly kills the prince and his Secret Service agent, believing she has taken both as her lovers. The brutal assault reveals the true character of each man and Tess must face some hard truths, even as she takes control of her destiny to build the finest state park in the country.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Unexpected Love - White Oak-Mafia Series Book 2
Tess Campbell is a mafia princess who wants nothing to do with her dangerous family. She’d rather spend her life making Grams's forest the best state park in Iowa.

Alistair Castile, aka Steel, is a British prince. His archeological career is in ruins due to his promiscuous nature. He’s hired on as forest manager of Tess’s woods and quickly falls in love with the charming young woman, so different from the socialites of his world.

Only there are several serious barriers between them: Steel’s career cannot withstand another scandal and Tess’s father will kill anyone who gets in the way of his daughter marrying a Chicago mobster.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


A Fortune to Die For - White Oak - Mafia Series Book 1
Megan Clarke had a good life until she wins the Mega Times Lottery and discovers the prize comes with a curse. Worse than the many money-hungry suitors, a serial killer has her in his sight. She changes her name and moves to Iowa with plans to buy their last major forest of white oaks and turn it into a State Park. Unfortunately, the Lottery Curse doesn't stop at state lines and someone there wants her dead, as well. Good thing a disturbingly handsome law officer is just as determined to keep her alive.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Birth of Adam - Artificial Intelligence Book 2
With a new identity, Amanda believes she has left her past behind. Then she acquires a stalker. She contacts the FBI and in doing so alerts a program she once created to her location. Now ensconced in the internet, the program is safe from harm, smarter than ever, and sentient. Presenting itself on her phone as a handsome face with a sexy British accent, “Adam” ingratiates himself into Amanda’s life. To ensure her safety and happiness, the sentient program proves there is absolutely nothing he can’t and won’t do.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Public Secrets - Artificial Intelligence Book 1
Carla Simon is a best-selling novelist besieged by death threats and lawsuits because her stories keep turning out to be true. She is considered an extraordinary researcher, uncovering facts unknown by field experts.

The truth is far simpler and more disturbing. Carla has a software program that “fixes” her mistakes and rewrites her novels so they are error-proof both in presentation and in content. The result is beautifully written and completely accurate stories about real people and events.

Some of those people want her silenced forever. When a woman, mistaken for Carla, turns up dead in New Zealand, she must face the hard truth about her program. But first she has to survive the assassin who has never failed to deliver on a contract.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Saving Molly - Requires Rescue Book 2
Molly Brown always faces life with a smile, even when a frightening thug is intent upon killing her. At first, Detective Sean Cushing finds Molly’s cheery disposition unnatural, especially when he discovers the seriousness of her injuries. When she asks for police protection, he instead offers her a job and home being a nanny to his five-year-old daughter, hoping her cheery disposition can pull his child from her dark hole of misery. Never did he expect he’d be proposing marriage within a day, but life has a way of going in odd directions when Molly Brown is involved.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Saving Casey - Requires Rescue Book 1
When eighty-year-old Cass Goldman learns she has inoperable cancer, she decides to end her life, peacefully on her terms. So imagine her horror when she wakes to find herself in a hospital with strange rich people staring at her. It’s not until the doctor arrives to examine her that she realizes she’s no longer old. She’s in the body of a seventeen-year-old teen named Casey. Unfortunately, her new body comes with some serious baggage. First of all, the kid has burned every bridge imaginable. Secondly, those ‘people’ in her room are her outrageously rich parents and while the Dad seems friendly, the mother wants nothing to do with her. The moment they take her home to a horrifically huge mansion, which she dubs Tara, she’s abandoned to the care of the butler.

While Cass is determined to turn this train wreck of a life around, doing so is far harder than she expected. In fact, without help, she’ll end up dead just like the last occupant of this body. Thankfully, her dad has his hunky head of security become her bodyguard. Between her eighty years of life lessons and hunky Troy’s help, she just might live long enough not to be jail bait.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Surviving Sojourn - The Multiverses Book 4
An alien species is removing human colonies from planets, but to where, no one knows. Sojourn, along with the Emperor’s daughter and their crew, must find this unknown species and negotiate a treaty before the Empire’s army declares war on all non-human races.

Those who do not follow the Path of Light would prefer to kill all the non-human sentient beings before they are even aware they are under attack.

Matters turn bleak for the Path of Light when Sojourn’s ship crash-lands on Terranue before their journey even begins.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Surviving Terranue - The Multiverses Book 3
Leading a colony of frightened people on a new world is rarely easy. The human colonists of Terranue have as their leader, Tamsarandem, the only Soul-bond of Three that has ever existed. Unfortunately, some perceive the innate kindness in the shaman’s choice of leaders as a weakness, thus, challenges begin. From the moment they arrive on the planet, self-survival instincts take hold among the people, putting everyone at risk.

To survive, they must act for the good of the colony rather themselves, even when their natural instincts tell them to do the opposite. First, they must befriend the dominant intelligent life form on the planet, long-haired blue cattle, only slightly smaller than the blue bull Tamsarandem brought with them. Second, they must find a way to survive three of the planet’s five seasons. Otherwise, they’ll be baked, frozen, and pummeled to death. Third, they must protect themselves from the giant bears, saber-tooth lions, and T. rexes that roam their planet. But worst of all, deep within the planet, a seed of evil grows, waiting to devour every living creature on the surface.

Every day in their new paradise is a challenge to survive. Despite all the advantages the Gods have provided, success is neither easy nor certain, and people are rarely as good as they need to be.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Surviving Outbound - The Multiverses Book 2
Saran along with her ‘not dead, just no longer human’ soul-bond—Tamara, and their giant blue bull leave in search of a handler so Blue can escape Earth and travel outbound. The man Saran meets and falls in love with turns out to be Tamara’s husband. Their spiritual joining of three sets into play a prophecy written long ago. Together, they become Tamsarandem, the most powerful soul-bond in all the multiverses.

The shamans pay for their voyage to Terranue, an unknown planet, never before colonized by humans. In return, Tamsarandem must look after the other colonists and help them to prosper and find their Paths of Light. They will need to do this mostly on their own, for the Gods are running out of authorized interventions. However, the God Pane, with the help of the sentient ship-computer, Marybell, constantly search for clever workarounds to ensure The Path of Light will reign supreme upon the final collapse. But there is only so much they can do within their bureaucratic rules.

Having failed to stop Tamsarandem from leaving Earth, those who walk the Path of Darkness embed their own people, including their darkest lord, on the ship to ensure it will never arrive at Terranue.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Gods of Probabilities - The Multiverses Book 1
The God Zousan is determined to create a better multiverse than his father's. To ensure he fails, his despicable father, Cronus, has filled Zousan's crew with deadbeats and saboteurs.

Zousan's current task is to save the Oceanics, a blue water humanoid species that lives in a different dimension on Earth. The world of Oceania is threatened due to humans poisoning their oceans. Unexpectedly, the most recent hatchlings of Oceanics are exceptionally brilliant. Good thing, since they must figure out how to escape Earth and find a new planet or they will all die.

One young fellow named Drogan can cross dimensions and manipulate time events for better outcomes, but can he use his odd talents to save them all? While the bureaucratic Gods will try to assist, in Quantum all possibilities not only can, but do happen, so the future is never certain.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The CrimeLords' War - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 7
Chaos abounds in Late Victorian England. Xavier goes off on a mission without Vic because her protector, Tubs, is not well enough to keep Vic from harm right now. In fact, Tubs is dying and the doctor doesn’t expect him to live for more than a week. Upon discovering Tubs’ dire situation, Vic sets about rescuing him instead.

Good thing too. To all appearances the two strongest crime lords of London have declared war on each other. Only the two attempts on Vic’s life tells her this is all a clever plot by a third party—worse yet, a female villainess.

To stop the crime lords from destroying one another, leaving their territories open to the Russian spy, Vic must bring Seth and Samson together, share what is really going on, and get them to agree to work against this third party. Not an easy task since Seth Sojourn thinks Vic is nothing but a foolish sop. Unfortunately, Xavier has gone missing, so it’s up to her to convince the angry crime lord that her plan is best. Otherwise, this villainess will kill everyone who gets in her way and bring England to its knees.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Darkest Days - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 6
When the pot has too many cooks a feast can be ruined, and that’s exactly what happens with Xavier and Vic’s new cases. Each proves more complicated than initially thought with criminals dropping out of the sky, wreaking havoc upon Xavier, Vic, and their excellent employees. By the end, Vic threatens to open a school that teaches criminals how to stay out of each other’s way.

Worse yet, a treasured member of the staff is shot in the heart while attempting to save Vic and the Queen’s cousin.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Pack of Trouble - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 5
While Xavier’s plan to take a holiday in Europe so Vic can have her baby incognito works well enough, complications during the birth almost takes both mother and child. Dr. Connors performs his first cesarean ever. While successful, it takes Vic months to recover. A prisoner to the bed, she spends her time encouraging marriage between two of their employees. Unfortunately, Xavier’s original negotiations with Tubs prevents the giant from acting upon his heart. While Xavier chases ladies enjoying the sun, Vic convinces Tubs to resign his service.

When Xavier and Vic return to England, the head of Scotland Yard awaits them at the dock. A great change in Parliament has occurred due to the fallout of their last investigation. England is crumbling beneath an outbreak of crimes and their help is desperately needed before lives are ruined and jobs are lost.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Well Kept Secrets - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 4
The great Victorian sleuth Xavier Thorn and his partner Vic Hamilton take a case close to home. Their youngest staff member, L’il Pete, discovers his mother murdered in the alley. Jacko is called up from the country to assist in solving the crime. The good woman’s murder proves to be tangled up with a much larger and shocking list of crimes perpetrated by a powerful man who may truly be above the law. Making matters more complex: Vic discovers her recent weight gain may be the result of a condition that could destroy her life and everything she loves.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Mesmerist - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 3
Vic has become a full partner of Xavier Thorn’s Private Inquiries, yet trouble threatens their personal and business relationship as facts from the past come back to haunt Xavier. Worse yet, a formidable foe returns and proves to be more than Xavier can handle. Fortunately, with his amazing partner and a growing staff, they are ready to take on any problem that comes their way. If only their clients were more forthcoming with the facts!


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Missing Partner - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 2
London, England March 1894

Vic Hamilton takes the reins of the investigation office, while Xavier Thorn disappears on an assignment for the British government. Her caseload is entirely ‘lost and recovery’ cases. In the midst of solving all her client’s problems, she learns that the government has lost Xavier. With the help of the gypsy pirate Jacko, and her driver Davy, Vic rushes against time to rescue everyone.

Most alarming, she befriends and hires a dangerous criminal as an employee of Xavier Thorn’s Private Inquiries—without Xavier’s permission.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Troublesome Apprentice - The Adventures of Xavier & Vic Book 1
While investigating the death of a friend and client, Maddy Hamilton, Xavier Thorn (reputed to be the greatest sleuth in England) is greatly impressed with Maddy’s nephew, Victor, and offers him a job as his secretary. Aware of Xavier’s history of firing secretaries, Victor garners a promise that for three months he cannot be fired.

Vic then proceeds, in Xavier’s view, to be cheeky and impertinent at every turn. Xavier endures the impudent pup because Victor is most skilled in extracting the truth from clients and intuiting facts with little evidence to assist.

As they solve a string of cases, Xavier discovers a few more important details about his troublesome apprentice, such as her true gender, and the realization that she has awakened his long dormant heart.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


The Hardest Love - A Long Road to Love Book 5
Sam has a new theory as to why his relationships with women never work. The problem is he’s constantly falling in love with women that he rescues from serious situations. He reasonably believes saving one from great harm should result not only in good sex afterwards, but never ending gratitude. But it hasn’t been working out that way.

Thus, Sam concludes damsels in distress are incredibly ungrateful. So he decides the next woman he gets involved with will not require rescue. She will be strong and self-reliant.

Only one problem: he’s never met a woman like that.

They do exist Sam. They really do. And just maybe, when you finally meet her, she’ll rescue you instead.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Climbing Out of Hell - A Long Road to Love Book 4
Billionaire Trent Lancaster has destroyed his relationship with the only woman who ever loved him. Now we discover the full truth of what happened.

He actually had reasons for his behaviors.

Still, there is no going back. Trent has lost Carrie forever, but he would rather die than marry Coco, so he does just that. Trent gives away most of his possessions, fakes his death, and starts over with a new face and a better attitude in a small town in Iowa where his half-brother Sam is sheriff.

Losing his true love has fundamentally broken Trent to his core. His only chance for happiness is to become the better man Carrie had always seen inside him.

True change is not easy. Can Trent grow up and become a man we can love?


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Coming To Reason - A Long Road to Love Book 3
Carrie has committed to an inter-species engagement with Trent, her billionaire boss. Presently, he is eighty percent dreamboat and twenty percent nightmare. When he fires her so they can become a ‘normal couple’, everything heads south.

Providing her a stark contrast, her new boss, Dan Marshal, is everything a woman could want. But for Carrie, her heart is taken, and thus, the path to reason remains long and arduous.

When her relationship with Trent explodes in a shocking fashion, finally her heart gives up and reason takes over. She realizes a brighter future and a better man has been at her side all this time. But can she overcome the obstacles in her path to secure him? Or is Carrie doomed to never know true love?


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Oh Stupid Heart - A Long Road to Love Book 2
Carrie Hanson is in love with a different species: Trent, a pampered, uber-rich socialite who’s also her boss. Everyone keeps telling her it’s a train wreck looking to happen, but her heart wants what it wants. So despite the billion and one reasons not to, Carrie commits to this inter-species relationship. But while she's off being trained for her new job responsibilities, a beautiful ex-fiancée is working hard to get Trent back and Carrie fired.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Worst Week Ever - A Long Road to Love Book 1
What do you get when you put a hardworking, can-do middle-class young woman together with an egoistical, outrageous, billionaire boss, then throw in the worst week of disasters imaginable?

Trent Lancaster spends one month without his Executive Assistant, or as his driver refers to Carrie: 'Trent's brain, left hand, and right hand'. He's had a miserable month without her at his side and to ensure it never happens again, he intends to marry his brilliant beauty. Only given all the times he's threatened to fire her, he's not sure she even likes him. However, the future of his company and his happiness depend upon him succeeding, so Trent begins a slow one week seduction that happens to coincide with Carrie's Worst Week Ever when everything that can go wrong does so in hilarious form.


Order the Book From:
Amazon


Author Recommended by: HBSystems Publications
Publisher of ebooks, writing industry blogger and the sponsor of the following blogs:
HBS Author's Spotlight
eBook Author’s Corner
Top Shelf Author Advice
Mystery Reader’s Circle

Check out the index of other Spotlight authors. Spotlight Index.

3 comments:

  1. I love Liza's books! They are so funny and filled with amazing characters! What a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so as well. Thanks for having me over for an interview!

    ReplyDelete