Sunday, October 14, 2012

Amy Metz - HBS Author's Spotlight

Today our blog puts the Spotlight on Author Amy Metz. She is a Author of Mystery & Thrillers as well as a blogger and book editor.

Author Genre: Mystery & Thrillers, Humor, Romance

Website: Amy Metz, author
Author's Blog: A Blue Million Books
Twitter: @authoramymetz
E-Mail: amy@amymetz.com.
Goodreads: Check Out Goodreads
LinkedIn: Check Out LinkedIn
Facebook: Check Out Facebook
Pinterest: Check Out Pinterest


Author Description:
Amy Metz is the mother of two sons and is a former first grade teacher. When not actively engaged in writing, enjoying her family, or spoiling her dog and two granddogs, Amy can usually be found with a mixing spoon, camera, or book in her hands. She lives in Louisville, Kentucky.



SPOTLIGHT Questions and Answers with the Author

You belong to Goodreads, Blogaholic Social Network and several other groups. How big a part do the groups play in your marketing effort? How much time do you spend on traditional marketing vs. social networking?

Well, I’m kind of socially inept, even online, so I’d have to say I spend more time doing traditional marketing than social networking. I try to like, and share, and post something on Facebook, as well as tweet something on Twitter, every day, but I’m not sure how effective it is. I’m not one to post many things on forums or message boards, although doing that on Goodreads did get me some reviewers. And whenever I do an interview or get a new review, I post it or tweet about it, both for marketing purposes and to thank the interviewer or reviewer. So social marketing does play a significant role in marketing and promoting my book.

But I’d much rather spend my time just writing.

Also, you have a blog called A Blue Million Books in which you provide author interviews, character interviews, guest blogs, and book excerpts. How do you manage your time to write, blog and do family things? Do you have schedule you go by?

No, I don’t have a schedule. Now that I have the blog up and rolling, it’s not very time consuming. But I do have to admit that my laptop is almost an appendage. I write or market or blog every waking moment possible, although I have been known to be easily distracted by Pinterest. I occasionally break from writing to play taxi for my youngest son, go to the grocery, or fix meals, but when I’m alone I even eat at my computer. I’m starting to think maybe I have an unhealthy attachment to it.

You have announced the third book in the Goose Pimple Junction series, Rogues And Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction. Writing a novel series has its advantages and disadvantages. What is the biggest challenge you have juggling three books at a time? Do you find yourself getting redundant in your plot and conflicts?

My biggest challenge is figuring out where I want to go with a story. That’s one reason why I’ve only written three chapters of Rogues & Rascals! Once I work it out in my head, I’m good to go. It’s getting there that’s the challenge for me. I also have a thriller and a romance on hold right now. I have a tendency to get started on a book and then hit a wall.

First thing I have to ask is when will we see Heroes And Hooligans In Goose Pimple Junction? I know your readers are anxious to get their hands on it.

I’m hoping it will be out next April, but that’s still kind of up in the air right now.



Author's Book List
Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction
An Old Mystery In 1932, John Hobb, father of four, is a witness to a bank robbery. He identifies the robbers and testifies against them. They are later pardoned by the governor. In 1935, Hobb is found in his idling car by the side of the road, dead from a gunshot wound to the head. The circumstances surrounding his death are a mystery, and the killer is unknown. In 2010, John Hobb's murder is still unsolved when Tess Tremaine moves into his former house. She finds a job at the local bookstore, which is owned by Lou Stafford, the youngest daughter of John Hobb. During renovations to the old house, Tess finds a mysterious old key, labeled "trunk." Mayhem ensues when she attempts to find the owner of the key: Her house is broken into twice, but nothing is taken; she finds cigarette butts and footprints outside a bedroom window; she gets threatening phone calls and ominous messages in the mail; she and a friend are attacked on the street. All of this has the opposite reaction than was intended--it doesn't scare her away, it strengthens her resolve to find John Hobb's murderer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order the Book From: Amazon - Barnes and Noble
Author Recommended by: Authors To Watch
Tricia Drammeh's blog specializes in Author interviews, book reviews, and guest posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment